Author Topic: Smiths Speedometers  (Read 7865 times)

Offline harts44

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Smiths Speedometers
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »
I am looking for what seems to be a needle in a haystack.  I have contacted a few people looking for a Smiths Chronometric Speedo 120MPH model number S467/91/L. (for a 1956 Triumph TRW) Now i am new to this so forgive me if i sound stupid, i cant find (well not yet) that particular model.  Is there much difference between them all ie. would it work if i used another smiths chrono that has the same top speed but a different model number?  I have a few more ppl to contact about locating one but i was hoping i could pick some of your brains to enlighten me on this subject.  Thanks Heather :)

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Smiths Speedometers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:25 PM »
Best person to contact is Ashley Pople, www.speedorepairs.co.uk who will be a ble to help you.

Offline Goldie

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »
I have had a chronometric speedo for my Goldie, overhauled by Poples, and he does a first class job at a resonable price.

I had the wrong speedo head on the bike when i bought it.
It was reading double the speed and the face and needle was starting at 7 o'clock instead of matching the rev counter head at 1 o'clock
He fitted the correct new face and needle, and recalibrated the speedo gearing.

Now working perfectly.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
I used Ashley years ago for a pair of Morini clocks- first class job too.

Now I need a Chrono cleaning and refacing, so how much did he charge you for that work?