Author Topic: miller electrics  (Read 4163 times)

Offline hayley1963

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
miller electrics
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:44 PM »
i have just been talking too the REOC adviser on RE2 bikes he says miller electrics are a problem. i have been trying to search the web for info.with no luck does anyone no why miller are not as good as lucas etc and why only some enfields used miller

Offline Justin_Faithfull

• Advanced Member
  • ELEPHANTS - WHERE?
    • View Profile
Re: miller electrics
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:44 PM »
The Miller electrics on your bike may be a problem for several reasons, among which the following.
1. They are now old & therefore more likely to be unreliable because of their age.
2. Previous owners may have fiddled with the electirics, doing goodness know what!
3. Parts are much harder for Miller (compared to Lucas) because of their rarity.

If you want to keep the Miller electrics it may be possible to rectify the current from the AC of the alternator to DC for battery charging, & fit a battery for your brake light. You won't need a much output as you can use LED bulbs which consume very little current.

Offline hayley1963

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: miller electrics
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
i would like to keep the miller electrics its part of the bike.its had one previous owner from new and its all original i want to keep it that way as much as possible.i get my oil leak sorted on friday then i can get the bike rewired...as long as i keep the matching engine and frame and original paintwork anything else does not really matter