Author Topic: Triumph TR6p engine no.  (Read 9496 times)

Offline gregrsv

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Triumph TR6p engine no.
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:00:04 AM »
 Hi
 I have a TR6p motor that has a funny symbol like two gears with four arrows thru it and the number TR6p  SR2365 after it .
 I cant find anything like that in the manuals and i would like to get a date for ordering spares etc.
if anyone can help with this one thanks .

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Triumph TR6p engine no.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »
What does the frame number state?

Offline gregrsv

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 03:57:13 PM »
 the frame no starts t120-du with four or five digits, sorry i cant give you the number right now as i'm in the north sea on a ship , I think the bike is just a bitsa .
 I dont know if its any help , but there is a breather (aluminium right angled) Exiting the rear of the primary case above and behind the clutch held in with 2 countersunk screws .
                 greg

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:25:33 PM »
Engine with a breather pipe exiting from the rear of the chaincase is '70 onwards design. Best check when you get home, the stamping under the engine on the through bolt lug. Should be the same, proving that the engine is original, and not made up with 2 different halves. Engine numbers from that year run JD24848 to ND60540.
Hugh
www.thebikeshed.net

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:15:28 PM »
Hugh,
No-one seems to have mentioned the word SAINT yet-which I thought all TR6P's were?
So does the normal numbering system apply to police versions?
I believe the specifications could vary according to the police force that bought them?
L.A.B.

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 08:20:09 PM »
But they still would have matching frame and engine numbers, starting TR6P DU----or TR6P CD-----. I restored a '69 saint that came from the Met Police, which had no strange markings, however I do agree with you that each force had different paramaters, which Triumph agreed to build into the spec required.
Hugh