Author Topic: BSA D1 PLUNGER 1952 I NEED LOADS OF HELP  (Read 22131 times)

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: BSA D1 PLUNGER 1952 I NEED LOADS OF HELP
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »

Budice83,Here is a pic of the wife's beesa fuel tank.On hold at the mo although thinking it may need new points,as tried to start,would kick over but wouldn't run.Will get these when I get a new wire loom as well.There are shops here Down Under that cater for the vintage bike restorer so hopefully won't have any trouble.Will keep an eye out here in Australia for a tool box for you if you still need one.The one with two(2) screws to hold the lid if I remember correctly?
ps the wife's gold & red stripes are 8mm adhesive automotive pin striping.
                      Cheers Classic

Offline NZGlyn

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:18:05 AM »
Hi Budice

I have a 1954 D1 here in New Zealand. It it pretty original except for the headlamp. Your's has a later exhaust and rear light by the look of it. The early ones had a flattened chrome expansion type pipe at the back and are quite loud. Also the battery seems to be on the wrong side. If you e mail me on pickteam@xnet.co.nz I can send you some pictures. I had one in the UK in the 1980's and used to drive between Liverpool and London regularly (camped 1/2 way) and it never let me down. I've altered my single seat by building a triangulated frame to raise it and move it rearwards by 2 inches. I have also made handlebar risers to raise the bars also by about 2 inches. (These were made after the attached image.) I am over 6 foot tall and not so young any more and it was just too cramped for me as standard. I've also put on a 6V  R/R off a Honda CD175 and mini indicators. I'm running a very small 6V sealed battery which lives inside the toolbox. 

Offline budice83

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 07:56:54 PM »
hi there NZGlyn

yeah i hav been looking for a tool box but and as far as i can tell that the last thing on my bike which is wrong but had no joy in getting my hands on one oh as for the exhuats are you saying thats the wrong one for it ? just that all the bike i hav seen which ar a 1952 had that exhuast on them ?

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
NZGLYN,A work colligue of mine here in Oz has one similar to yours with what he called the "fish tail" style exhaust.Budice I saw your style of tool box on ebay Australia a while ago,thought of you and placed a bid  :),unfortunately lost the bid.Might I suggest broaden your search to other ebay chapters USA,AUSTRALIA,ect http://ebay.com.au   (Australia's ebay site).
                 cheers Leith
PS Just recieved a repro wiring loom from England,purchased off ebay UK  http://ebay.co.uk

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »
Ya! Just scored (bought) a set of chrome tank strips for wife's beesa  8),and looking at a rear guard.I'm lead to believe these tank strips are hard to come by let alone in Australia.Must admit they will need re-chroming :).Budice have you changed your exhaust pipe in the restoration from the original post (the blue beesa) appearsto have the same style as the wife's & I see in your latest post it has the flatter (fishtail style ) ??? ??? ??? ???
   Leith
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:40:46 PM by classic48 »

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
Hi Budice
    Finally aquired a rear guard for the wifes beesa,on ebay (American Chapter)  AU$50 cheaper than the 2 I missed on the Australian ebay,so it pays to shop around.A work collegue is doing the front guard for me and should be finished next week,told him about the tank strips and price,he was impressed that I got them for that price,He too is a early/vintage bike enthusiast (pre 1980's).

As you can see guard needs some TLC but it seems to be all there,ie not cut/modified in any way.As I said the tank strips need
re-chroming.
      Cheers Leith

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:29:13 AM by classic48 »

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
Make that 2 sets of tank strips  ;) 8) 8) :)
                   Leith

Offline budice83

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
hey hows thing not been doing a lot with my bike at the mo been waiting on something getting crome which have just came back like new but the last two month i hav been workng on a t25 camper van lol all done and on the road with that now so back on with the bike getting some w clips this weekend to fit the head lamp and battie box and a battie for it not sure how i'm going to wire it up just yet just that some of the bsa d1 had a stop and a side lamp and some of them just hav a side and no stop lamp so still no sure tho and as well all now i dont hav the right box but that why im fitting the battie untill i find that tool box lol its not that hard to rewire it if and when i find one lol tank strips dont think i hav ever seen a bsa with them on yet so been cool to see your when its done and recromed as well

keep it real

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »
As previously stated one of my work colligues has a black Beesa with the chrome tank strips,will see if he minds me posting a pic. Hope you find your tool box soon.I've been keeping an eye on ebay,Aussie chapter,for ya,seen,and bidded,for a couple but unfortunately lost them.Good to hear your making progress.Some pix maybe????????
                   Cheers Leith

Offline budice83

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
hey there and a happy new year to ya

be some time since i hav been on here got my self a vw camper van t25 man what a pain if you get one thing fix's it same to find something else for you to fix nexts lol but thats what happen's when you buy a van of a hippie lol

anyway how are you get on with your bike i still not finshed my yet just keep on getting little bit now and then when i see them but i'm hope to get some work done on it this weekend got to fit some new shoe in the camper and try and get some work done on my friends mgb gt and once i have done that try and get some work done on the old bike for this summer show season

anyway going to stop there

happy new year  :o

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »

Hopefully you are looking at the Beesa to date.
   Leith

Offline classic48

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »

Budice83,you said you waned to see the beesa with chrome tank strips,here you are.Got a conffesion though,these are a chromed reproduction made by a very talented guy in South Australia ;) :) 8) ;D :D
                               Leith