Author Topic: What type honda CL350 do I have?  (Read 5522 times)

Offline b1960p

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
What type honda CL350 do I have?
« on: November 09, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
I recently purchase a 1972 honda CL 350.  Are the vin numbers supposed to match the engine number .  Mine is considerably different, vin number CL350- 303454x vs. engine number of CL350E- 609944x.
I don't think they matched necessarily but with mine so different is it safe to assume the engine is from a newer  bike.  There is only 6400 miles showing on the odometer.

Also what I have read on the CL350.com website  the date of it's manufacture of 5/71 could be a 1972 bike because the date of the bike is typically based on when it was titled or sold here in the States.

What is strange is the '345 ' in the middle of the serial number is supposed to indicate a K4 type bike.  But according to the 30xxxxx it is supposed to be a K3 type bike.

To further confuse me the gas tank is painted to match a K5 type bike but most of the features reflect a K3 bike but the numbers don't match what is shown.  

Now that I have confused all of you out there, perhaps someone with considerably more Honda knowledge than I have can provide me some insight.

I was just hoping I didn't end up buying a parts bike and hoped it was pretty much original.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

bob

Derek Ingram

Re: What type honda CL350 do I have?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 04:22:54 PM »
I have one that says 73 on the frame, but it turns out it is a 72

P.S. I tried to get to CL350.com and found no such web site?
Could you elaborate.

P.S. Again I have 3 of these bikes now and am planning on making one completely restored version for the wife this winter. I will have extra parts down the road a few months.

My last restoration
http://www.world-playground.com/Bike/bike1.html
dkingram@shaw.ca