Motorcycle Discussions > Japanese Bikes

CB 750 air filters - options?

(1/1)

Expatriot:
hello, I am trying to find another option to adding different  air filters (and box) to my bike.  Last summer, I experimented with K & N filters, and the bike ran brutally!!!!!  My 750 has been modified (sorry purest) with a custom air box, and I feel I'm not getting enough air in, as I'm peaking speed at about 110 km.  Not that I want to fly, she just dies going up hills , or into a heavy wind.  I ran her up the hiway with just the velocity stacks, and she ran pretty well, but sucked with the K & N's.  I'm sure that re-jetting is the answer if I'm going to use pod filters.  If so how do you know what jets to put in ( i'm assuming it is not a simple job - carburator is french for don't frig with it!!)  any thoughts, thnx

dunboyneroadracing:
i have a cb 750 f with k bigbore barrels( yes it IS possible )836 cc , straight through pipes and k+n type filters.i know a fair ol bit about the bikes.it sounds like you need to rejet alright ,its an easy enough job.
what model cb is yours?.there are 3 types of carbs across the model range and the jet sizes are differant in them all?.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version