Author Topic: hello....new Honda CD185 owner  (Read 5498 times)

dant

hello....new Honda CD185 owner
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:40:09 PM »
Hi,
  I've just started trying to run and maintain a 1979 Honda CD185T Benly, and I'm desperate for advice and tips, but mainly encouragement!

For my sins, I'm also gainfully employed by MCN, so the benly is actually in tomorrow's issue of the paper......

it's my first classic, so it's a learning experience....already managed to lose a couple of bolts, run out of  petrol, and realise the speedo isn't working any more!

dant

Re: hello....new Honda CD185 owner
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 01:05:59 AM »
Not a popular model I'm guessing...

Anyway, i've now found a halgoen headlight for the front, and LED tailights for the back, to try and reduce the drain on the battery....

Next jobs are to sort the temperamental fuelling, and also get the speedo etc rebuilt...

Offline 6months

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »
not heard anymore tales of the cd185,ive just bought one of the snarling power beasts!!!!! It runs like a swiss watch with only 15k on the clock,but it looks a little bit (quite a lot actually) shabby,the grand plan is to paint it totally matt green or sand (depending what i can blag from our local raf station.)and have sort of a fake ww2 dispatch bike.It should make a great winter hack to give my old bmw a rest.

Offline avalanche

• Advanced Member
  • keep em rolling...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:38:25 AM »
Hi Dant,

I'm from Singapore. Proud owner of a Honda CD185T (1978). Care to share your experience to date? Geez... been more than 2 years since you last posted.

Any pix of your bike?

Looking forward to hear from you soon... Thanks mate!