Author Topic: Trying to find the owner of this bike please - anything will help please  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Willydog

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi, I' have found this man's camera, but there is little on it to help track him down other than this motor bike and he's clearly from the north Yorkshire area, judging by the pictures.
Camera was found in Carlton Husthwaite near Thirsk today, and think he was seen yesterday cycling in the village (friday 29th July)
Make of bike would let me get in touch with perhaps a local society.
Could be from Billingham - there was a photo of the Picture House / cafe indigo on the camera
All help appreciated

Thank you

Kevin.

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
I'm not sure that this shouldn't just be handed over to the police, since they are the handlers of lost property. And he may well have reported the loss.

Bike is a Matchless, a mid 1950s trials model, G3L or G3LC, a Jampot 'green laner'.
 (note the no headlight, so daylight use only).

Opethiselps.

Offline Willydog

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks R,

Yes will give in to the police - although easier said than done here as the local station has restricted public opening times!, so thought i'd see if it was easy to track down (I have a few other clues to follow) before doing so. Thanks for the bike info - I think he belongs to a local club, this may help.

K.

Offline Willydog

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
 Man found and camera returned.
Thank you.