Author Topic: HB Motorcycles  (Read 15308 times)

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
Re: HB Motorcycles
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »

Any luck locating the HB in Belgium yet Steve?

Did you notice the Druid fork in the 1920 advert, and the Brampton Biflex in 1921? Any idea of how many bikes were built in total? Perhaps not very many.

Cheers

Leon

Offline SteveD

• Advanced Member
  • Looking for info for HB (Hill Brothers) Motorcycle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
Hi Leon,

No news of the HB, I must admit I'm a newcomer to the vintage bikes. My bikes are '70 & '80s Japs. There has been a generation gap interest in bikes, so I'm going in blind. Suspicious of the photos of the HB, because of the repeat of the tank badge on the front mudguard! The only family info is from talking to my grandfather. We weren't involved with the clearance of his house, when he pasted away, or would probably have found info. Gt uncles family, who cleared house, have no info, or interest - shame.

Will keep looking
Steve

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

Keep at it Steve!

I wouldn't be suspicious of the HB photos: I think the "tank badge on the front mudguard" is actually the HB logo cast onto the pad on the end of the brake pedal, which is located at the front of the left foot board. The bike is not perfect (for example the rear stand is not original, and one or two other pieces) but as a vintage bike nut it looks pretty good to me;good enough to ride as is. Besides, if you were going to fake a bike with a Blackburne motor I doubt HB would be the one you would choose! If you're in a position to acquire an HB bike, or even if you're only looking for info, advertise widely. PreWarCar.com would be well read in Belgium, and I'm sure that whatever the big old bike club is in Belgium they would be happy for a small article on your connection to and interest in HB and a plea for contact with the current owner of the bike.

Good luck!

Leon