The VintageBike Message Board > Site Feedback

Forum members bike reviews?

(1/2) > >>

Searchguru:
Dear VintageBike,
I've had a thought which would involve some work on your part but might be useful to many. I am proposing a separate section of reviews of the various makes and models owned by members.
Not rose-tinted twaddle from yesteryear but realistic writ-ups of what we currently run. There is a lot of knowledge that is untapped in the readers and contributors to these pages.
I notice that there is a member asking what a Honda CB750K is like, as I write this. If there was an owner's view on that model available here, they could peruse that and maybe get their answer. Perhaps a price guide depending condition could be included. If the reviews were attributable to their authors then the reader could privately message the author with any specific queries. This type of info is probably available in a number of other locations but not here.
Is it feasible, is it wanted, is it worthy.................?

Searchguru:
People,
I started this thread in March this year. I see that it has now had 553 visits. Does this prove that there is a need for such a review section? Clearly people have clicked expecting to find something and have been left wanting.
Vintagebike, what do you think?

twolitre:
I have been one of the 553 viewers of this thread.  My reaction at the time was, "isn't it easy to suggest things which increase the (voluntary) work load for others"!
  Nigel does a fine and I am sure at times, a thankless job.
  I think most of us could suggest additions, but are thankful for what we have.

Jim.

Searchguru:
Twolitre,
It was just an idea. If I had the ability to do it I would offer to do it. I am indebted to you for your very helpful input. Clearly it was very wrong of me to suggest this. Thank you.
624 people have looked now.

L.A.B.:

--- Quote --- It was just an idea. If I had the ability to do it I would offer to do it.
--- End quote ---

If it's going to be so easy for others to do, then why not you?

--- Quote ---  I am indebted to you for your very helpful input. Clearly it was very wrong of me to suggest this.
--- End quote ---

I'm not trying to start any kind of argument, merely looking at this logically.

Had you put forward the idea with yourself offering to take on the majority of the workload, then perhaps it may have been better received?

Yes, a good idea, in theory, but I wonder how long it would need to transform some one's scribbling into a presentable article on a regular basis, - with all the necessary corrections, edits, adding of photos and maybe the whole thing would need to be re-written if English wasn't the author's first language?

The fact that Nigel has preferred to stay silent must give an indication of his feelings on the subject of what could end up being lot of extra work for him?  

--- Quote --- 624 people have looked now.
--- End quote ---

4120 people at present have looked at a post entitled "HELLO" - about somebody saying - Hello!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version