Author Topic: *Wanted* War Dept Pannier frame/bags  (Read 8130 times)

Offline bohun66

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
*Wanted* War Dept Pannier frame/bags
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
Please, could anyone in the group point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for the War Dept. issue canvas Pannier bags and possibly mounting frame to go on my Royal Enfield military.  If there is actually someone who reproduces this set that would be fine as this is for WWII displays and re-enactments.
I thank anyone who responds in advance.
Most sincerely,
Yurko

Offline m3bobby

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: *Wanted* War Dept Pannier frame/bags
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:51:16 AM »
Hi mate,

Is it a WD/CO or C you have? There is a set of pannier frames on ebay at the moment for £80 (i paid £30 on ebay last  year) and a set of repro bags for over £100 (I cant remember the exact price).

Offline bohun66

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »
m3bobby,

I sincerely thank you for the reply.  I found on Ebay.UK a set of frames but I couldn't find the repro bags.  Would it be possible to send me the link of either or both possibly but especially the bags.

Best regards,

Yurko

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »
Geoff at www.dandgmotorcycles.co.uk has loads of frames, phone 01462 790729

Offline m3bobby

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »
m3bobby,

I sincerely thank you for the reply.  I found on Ebay.UK a set of frames but I couldn't find the repro bags.  Would it be possible to send me the link of either or both possibly but especially the bags.

Best regards,

Yurko

Here it is,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WD-M20-BSA-PANNIER-BAGS-REPRO-FROM-ORIGINAL-MATERIALS_W0QQitemZ120242266984QQihZ002QQcategoryZ108839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you have a WD/CO or a model C?

Offline bohun66

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »
M3bobby,

I'm verry sorry to disappoint you but I live in NW suburbs of Chicago.  Not too many WD/CO or C's cirrculating around here so I had to settle for a new Royal Enfield Military built in India.  I'm a member of very large Polish WWII re-enactment club, 12. Pulk Ulanow (Chicago, wouldn't you know) who have 1 Birma truck '43 dated, 3 jeeps all war dated, and 3 Russian post war K750's, (R75 copies).  Our group does a lot for PNA, Polish local community, and especially veterans such as AK members, ect.  Poles being the craftsmen they are all of this equipment has been meticulously restored.  However, we don't pamper our equipment, we run the hell out of it.  If it breaks, they fix it.  My contribution to the group has been my RE which I'm attempting to convert as much as possible to look like a WD issue.  I know there are a multitude of discrepancies between the 2 so I'll do the best I can.  Surprisingly, RE offers many items out of the box to make their bikes appear more vintage.  So there you are.  I sincerely thank you for the link as this guy offers many additional item that will work.  I wish you the best of luck and highest regards,
Yurko Mikelski