Author Topic: Very Old BSA  (Read 7164 times)

Offline AshleyB

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Very Old BSA
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:34:13 PM »
Hi,
I don't know much of old BSA bikes but I am looking to track down what I believe is an old BSA firebird roughly 55 years old, would anyone know of how I can go about this?
I have the registration number if this would help ( I imagine it would!)
This would be of great sentimental value to me and so I thank you for any help!!!

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Very Old BSA
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »
I'm not sure that what you are  looking for is a 'Firebird' if it's around 55 years old, as that would make it a bike from 1952/3 and the 650 BSA Firebird model was not made until 1968?

As you have the registration number then you can use the DVLA database to check any basic information, but not owner details.

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?SKIN=directgov

Click on *Vehicle Enquiry* follow the instructions, and enter the Reg. No. and vehicle make, and see if anything shows up, very likely it won't, in which case the vehicle would never have been registered on a DVLA V5 registration document?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:56:27 PM by L.A.B. »
L.A.B.

Offline AshleyB

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »
I guess it isn't a firebird then...... Just the name passed on from a family story!
I checked on the DVLA and nothing came up, no V5 registration document then....
Do you know where I could check next?

Just spoken to my mum... She says Bantam? I googled it and it does look more likely.....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 06:04:12 PM by AshleyB »

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
If nothing shows up on the DVLA database then it probably 'ceased to exist' many years ago, -unfortunately.

L.A.B.

Offline udin

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
i want to sell my bsa 1941.500cc,not document but i am ready to send it over the world.please contact me

Offline Mr B

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:27 PM »
As you have the registration number then you can use the DVLA database to check any basic information, but not owner details.

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?SKIN=directgov

[highlight]Click on *Vehicle Enquiry* follow the instructions, and enter the Reg. No. and vehicle make, and see if anything shows up, very likely it won't, in which case the vehicle would never have been registered on a DVLA V5 registration document? [/highlight]

Had no idea you could do this. Just spent a nostalgic few minutes checking if any of my old bikes are still out there...my brown Z900 appears to have grown to 1075 cc and become silver along the way!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:45:42 PM by Mr_B »