Author Topic: Sorry, no reply!  (Read 4009 times)

Offline dillyman

• View Profile
    • Email
Sorry, no reply!
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
I  have just joined this group and am very surprised to see that almost all the communications have received no answer at all. Surely this state of affairs is somewhat depressing. I have inserted an enquiry in the identification section but having trawled through the other sections I feel that is most unlikely that anyone will answer. I am also an enthusiast for Daf cars and the lively nature of the Daf Owner Club forum always delights me with its constant flow of interesting Daf related forum conversations. Perhaps vintage motorcyclists spend all their time in their workshops or riding out in the snow! Best regards to all. - Dillyman.

Offline Martin_UK

• Advanced Member
  • Have Triumphs....and a very large toolkit...
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, no reply!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »
Sorry don't agree with you Dillyman.

All the politely written enquiries in the main are answered by someone within the group. If however the question is vague, doesn't contain a photo or is asked impolitely, I think the question will remain unanswered. Your post of 05:28 remain unanswered at 06:00 when you posted this remark. You didn't seriously expect an answer in such a short space of time did you ? Far from being a depressing group if you actually stay more than 5 minutes then you see how the group actually works.

I'll think you will find that the recent problems Nigel the webmaster has experienced with the YaBB host which has meant the software has been updated has resulted in only the initial posts being retained on the forum and not all the replies.

Regards Martin UK
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:13:05 PM by Martin_UK »

Offline george_the_second

• Advanced Member
  • I love brittbikes
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, no reply!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
Hello Dillyman I agree with Martin UK.
I normally read the new topics, but apart from being vintage motorcyclists ,we have not got an answer to all the questions, but for the record I did reply on your rearspring topic 2 days ago and probably you are the one who is not reading my reply.( did not see your reply anyway).
So let us know what you think of it.
I think it is a great forum and had several good answers to my questions.
regards George the second