Author Topic: 1971 TR6R rebuild  (Read 3323 times)

Offline villa3

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
1971 TR6R rebuild
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
JUst got all my parts back and have started to assemble my engine, measured everything and all is spot on with 0.0005" bigend clearance. This is the first Trumpy engine i have built but with the conrods fitted and torqued they rotate easily with just a slight feel of resistance. With 0.0005" clearance i would expect this to be ok until the bike is run in, they will fall under there own weight but i was just wondering if anyone else had come across this. Side clearance is ok and the engine was running when i stripped it, the crank has been ground and i have fitted new bearings.

Offline Sludgetrap

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1971 TR6R rebuild
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
 ;) Ahhh something I do no about,, I,ve rebuilt 2 motors just recently a TR6C and an R,,same deal , when the rods are torqued up and of course assembled with lots of oil mine fell under there own wieght slowly , both motors are running sweet with about 1500 klm,s on each, smooth as silk,, But one thing I would suggest is to get a hold of Hughie Hancox,s dvd runs you through a full strip down and rebuild of the motors, I bought it after I did the motors up as I like to do things backwards,,, ;D

Offline VintageBike

• YaBB Administrator
  • Advanced Member
  • Not quite enough bikes in the garage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »
And of course, if you do want the Hughie Hancox DVD then you can get it on this very site!

Please see http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/store/video.php

Cheers
Nigel

Offline villa3

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:23:36 AM »
Thanks sludgetrap i didnt think anything was wrong as i fitted the pistons and barrells yesterday and it fills great when rotated, when i built my Gold Flash engine the rods were quite loose on the journals when compared to the trumpy.