Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

colour specifications t120

(1/1)

andyw1260:
Hi all
         I am looking for a web site that gives the exact colour specifications of t120 1968. ie width of mudguard Hi Fi Scarlet stripe etc. can anybody help please, have got JR Nelson bonnie book it  just gives coloursand no measurments.  If anybody want to know any other Tech Spec of a bonnie just let me know I will look it up.

Cheers   Andy W

TBS:
Width of hi-fi scarlet stripe approx 5/8" plus 1/8" gold lining stripe each side, so total width 7/8". Stripe finishes 3/8" before beginning of rolled edges.
 Rear guard hi-fi scarlet stripe finishes 1" forward of loop stay clamp hole and 3/8" before beginning of rolled edge.

andyw1260:
Hello TBS

Thanks for that, is there a specifiction book you use that you can buy as I would like to get one if there is can you let me know the title/author please.
 In a past posting I was after a UK 66-68 bonnie tank, after 3 months I managed to dig one out that looked Ok but after digging filler out the evidence said it had been down the road now waiting to have it professionally restored.
Not cheap but supply and demand I suppose.

Take care  
                        Andy W

andyw1260:
Hi TBS

Sorry but have you the tank colour specifications as well please.
                            Thanks for your time

Andy West

TBS:
Measure 3 1/4"  from the top front of the tank, down centre seam, and that is your starting point. Keep tank badges on for reference, and take some 1/8" tape from the starting point, to just behind the point of the front of the badges in a gentle curve. Then using the same thickness of tape, from just behind the rear point of the badge, take an arc up, over, and around the kneepad, finishing underneath, 1" in front of the fuel tap. Top will be hi-fi scarlet, and sides will be silver. http://www.inventivestudios.co.uk/thebikeshed/68bonnie.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version