Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

Excelsior J.A.P

(1/2) > >>

vfactory:
There is a picture in the photo section of a Excelsior JAP.. does anyone have any information about this bike? Is this is a replica? I'm looking for more information regarding this particular type including specifications etc.

There are some accounts of Excelsior Germany (1901 - 1939) Excelsior Fahrrad Motorad-Werke in Brandenburg using JAP engines.. but I cannot find any information and photos of these.

Please correct me if i am wrong but Excelsior England and Excelsior Germany were two different entities right? any information will be appreciated. Thanks

geoffus:
german and uk excelsiors two difrent factories when sold uk excelsiors in germany renamed bayliss and thomas  as for the excelsior jap i can not be shore but looks ok  geoff :)

33d6:
To confuse matters further there was the American Excelsior as well. No connection to either the British or German firm.
Probably easiest way to get the info you seek is to buy copies of all the relevant catalogues from BMS.
They aren't expensive and they tell you all you need to know. They  have a very good range of years.
Excelsior information is very patchy and this is about the only way you can fill in the gaps.
Cheers, Bob

vfactory:
Thanks for the information. I'll contact BMS to find the most appropriate ones. I'll post my finding here.

geoffus:
having had a little more time to look at the Excelsior J A P it definitely as a English Excelsior frame its a pity you can't see the other side as this would tell you a lot more mainly the racing Excelsior Jap were 250 or 175 and carried on into 1933 after which it was overtaken by the 250 mechanical marval the German Excelsior also used JAP motors of various sizes i hope this helps a little but without knowing more about the one in the picture I cannot say it is a raceing motor but it seems fairly genuine to me I have seen a few there are still running and it look identical  regards Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version