Author Topic: Just bike insurance  (Read 3185 times)

wetdog

Just bike insurance
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »
anyone had dealings with this insurance company "Just bike" (underwiters carol nash) , my farther has been insured with them for 4 years (modern bike) and this year when he recived his reminder payed again on time and the chq was cashed , two months later no papper work so contacted them via carol nash ( as phone line is engaged etc 24/7 ) carol nash put him thro only to be told no he was not insured , he explained he had prof cwq was cashed by them so they talked to there accounts dept and came back saying they had made a mistake and he would be insured but from that date (two months after he had payed ? ) on this occation he had not been stopped or had a accident but this could have got very complicated , has anyone else had dealings with Just Bike good or bad .

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just bike insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »
I am with them and have used them without any trouble for around four years , having said that i have not needed to make a claim so what do i know !

The paper work has always come through very quickly and they are helpful when adding bikes mid term but as always you have to pay an administration fee of around £30 when changing details .

Offline rosko

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »
Carol Nash should be avoided like the pox, they are a bunch of total incompetents and will bugger up any claim you need to file with them.

Their staff are total numpties, they are notorious for mucking up paperwork and worse they really don't care
I speak from my own bitter experience and knowledge of many others who have had the misfortune to be insured with that shambles.
Try Peter James, efficient, friendly knowledgeable and none of the Nash BS.

I had tremendous grief with Nash, they cost me thousands of pounds in  through their own incompetence.
I'd be on here all night just relating it all

Offline RichP

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
As 'Interested Insurer' they would have been directed by the Motor Insurer's Bureau to deal with any third party claim and they'd also know damned well that having banked a cheque for renewal of an existing policy, they'd have had to deal with the rest as well, or be dragged before the civil courts.

Technically, they are not allowed to back-date a cover note or certificate but if you'd had to 'produce', the underwriter would have had to provide a letter of indemnity confirming that they would have dealt with any claim.

It's obviously best to be in order with the paperwork, but in effect,  he's had two month's free cover.