Author Topic: A cautionary tale VOC debacle!  (Read 23523 times)

wetdog

Re: A cautionary tale VOC debacle!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
I can only say this , if you have kids / next of kin and you think you may fall foul of this unfair tax sort it out now before its to late as you may leave a large debt behind , property and vheicules have appretiated at an alarming rate over the last 30 years, and at my age it does not take much to reach the limit @370,000 , you need to start the ball rolling @ 7 years before you pass on but preferably before as if you have to go into care they also will assess your assets , again to much and its private care untill  your skint , then and only then will you be eligible for help , I am assuming that Rex has kids and will be in this situation in which case sort it out before its to late , which i suspect is the underlying problem with this Vincent affair , the jampot story is sad and tells us to be warry of dealers bearing gifts , and always remember what ever a dealer will give you its worth more
PS cannot say to much but this man was in care and not dead when these machines where removed . thats the last i have to say
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:57:01 PM by wetdog »

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
I don't see anything "foolish" in standards and morality.  Everything I have I've worked for, paid for and is legal, and that's the way I like it.
To justify twisting or evasion because you believe others are doing it too, is just lame and hardly worthy of reply.

wetdog

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:12 AM »
well said , leave it for your next of kin to sort out

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
Got no next of kin :( .... except her who must be obeyed and she will be having the best garage clearout sale South Yorkshire ever had when I shuffle off this mortal coil.
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

wetdog

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
sorry to here that and this is not a uncommon situation , and in this instance when all you leave is assested by the vultures she can sell your hord and pay im sure , but they will not waight for there money, and if she is not very very fast (this is where the clear out bike dealer makes a killing) she will be paying interest on the loan she has had to take out in order to pay the DD , when you get to old to ride your bikes i would recommend selling and taking your self and good wife on that round the world trip or holiday of a life time you always planned , as there is no way you can take it with you .

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
Now lets be right... Im a Yorkshireman, a week in Scarboro or Bridlington will do!

wetdog

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
nice area been there several times , theres a whole world out there your missing , get a more relyable bike  ;D

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16:29 PM »
Aye and a big wide world of people with their hands held out - Yorkshiremen have deep pockets and short arms. (Oh and all my bikes are reliable)

wetdog

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »
Not all fit your description (not the ones ive meet anyhow) and you do sound a bit paranoide  :(

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
Not any I have met are like I joking said and none are like you. Neither am I paranoid, perhaps on the contrary.  Have you no humour in you? I read some of you previous posts and noticed you find it difficult to string a good sentence together without lambasting someone else. Try giving people a little more slack... like I am sure others, including myself have you.

wetdog

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
"string a good sentence together" read your posting again , your right my english is bad about the same as yours id have to say

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
Q.E.D.

wetdog

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
think youll find thats ABC

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
My old man once told me never to argue with morons and idiots "as they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

I'll take his advice on this occasion.

wetdog

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
wise words ill remember those thanks