Author Topic: help to identify my father motorcycle  (Read 4351 times)

Offline mykal

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
help to identify my father motorcycle
« on: September 07, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »
hi all,

I'm a biker from Ireland and have been riding bikes for nearly 21 years and love it, my dad died in 1985 and I never knew he rode motorbikes too until very recently when my aunt gave me the attached photo of him on his bike in his younger years the problem is I cant identify the bike, is it a triumph thunderbird maybe, I havent a clue and would love some help so if anyone can help then I'd really appreciate it, i'm currently making up a little photo momento of me and him on our bikes which should be very nice and a bile make would be brilliant, also I cant get any info from the registration as records dont exist here for back them as I think its circa 1958.
apologies for poor quality photo!!
Thanks.

mykal 8)

Offline esometisse

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: help to identify my father motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
to me the bike looks like an Excelsior Roadmaster with the 197cc Villiers 8E engine - but I am no expert

Cheers
Andy

Offline chaterlea25

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: help to identify my father motorcycle
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
Hi mykal,
FI is a Tipperary North registration, you should be able to request the details from the County Council offices or County Archive,
The modern computer records only listed taxed vechicles from 1992 onwards so is useless in this instance

HTH
John