Author Topic: Best ever British Bike Conglomeration  (Read 7875 times)

johnnyboy-wonder57

Re: Best ever British Bike Conglomeration
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »
Wetdog,
I believe there's no such thing as the perfect bike, it just individual choice, you set your parameters & go with it, relative to costs, that's my main concern, limited spending power on British bikes & what the money will do elsewhere, that's also why budgets are tight , because in relative terms, money doesn't go far on British Motorcycles & further in other areas. 
If I spent £3,500 I would consider that's a lot of money & quite self-indulgent,  it would represent, 5 months mortgage money in real terms!  Just the way my head equates things.

Cafe racers can look nice, but the way the roads are going a Street Scrambler would perhaps be more practical, then there's the Touring aspect to contend with.

Can a bike be built that satisfies all 3 aspects and more!

Cheers

John

johnnyboy-wonder57

Re: Best ever British Bike Conglomeration
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »
wetdog;
You got the wrong end of the stick; my fault,  RE- Shuttleworth Special World Beater, it would great if one was built now to beat the competition, using simple practical technology!

This was meant for Bomber:
I have heard that there are one or two guys linked into Vintage circles who are fabricating this sort of stuff at reasonable prices!  None on Evilbay?  Alloy oil & petrol tanks.

Cheers

JBW