Author Topic: Triumph T140v us spec  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Cravatekid

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Triumph T140v us spec
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »
Hi all,

I wonder if you could help I own a 1974 US spec Triumph Bonnie and have been offered a price to sell it, I'm not sure whether the price is fair, how do I find out what's the right kind of price?

Does anyone have an idea of what it's worth, it's in good nick has been regularly serviced and has good history as well as low mileage - I've owned the bike for the last 7 years or so and have garaged it ever since.

Thanks very much in advance

Mark

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph T140v us spec
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:08:23 PM »
Mark, how long is a piece of string? What is good nick to you might be something totally different to someone else. The only way to determine what something is worth is to dip your feet in the water and offer it for sale on the open market. You can always refuse the sale by setting a reasonable reserve on an online auction site and that should give you a relevent idea of what people are prepared to pay for your bike. Value is purely a subjective thing.

Frank
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:49:22 AM »
Without knowing where in the World you may be, it's impossible to say. A search of good old Ebay (include finished sales too) should give the best indication.

Offline Cravatekid

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:08:48 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your replies so far.

I'm based in London, I have spent time on ebay looking but the prices seem so massively varied, I wondered whether there was a parkers or something that could help. Ideally I need an idea on a good condition US Spec black 1974 Bonnie with average mileage and a MOT?

Cheers

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
No guide for old bike prices as the condition can vary too much. Bike like that's got to be worth £3500 all day long and £4000 on a nice sunny day...

No such thing as average mileage on a classic as condition, history, extras, running etc count for more. Then again, it would be a real optimist who'd believe a Smiths/Veglia set up would still be running after forty years of Meriden's finest vibrations.
A bit late for my tastes, but there's always a market for a good T140 as the spares are available, dead easy to work on and a good ride too.

wetdog

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
"US Spec black 1974 Bonnie with average mileage" ........ black and which other colour ? what is the average mileage ? is this the disc front and rear , or comical hub ?it is a bit late for me also but i have had some (and sold) they are a good handling sporty bike for round town , hard work nowadays on motorways , the V does fetch more than the E but i found the E a better bike to ride .

Offline james04k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:25 AM »
There are many factors to consider in it price like condition of it's engine, it's appearance etc, i think you should find such kind of old scooter on some online shopping sites like amazon ebay then you can get a idea of it's price.