Author Topic: 1914 Humber number problem sunbeam club  (Read 33274 times)

wetdog

1914 Humber number problem sunbeam club
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:22:54 PM »
pionner cancelled started to look at some papper work i have reguards a machine i own sent this to the sunbeam club

thankyou , its come to light as i intend running the machine this year
and have been flicking thro the papper work ,
the certificate is dated 21st may 1944 .... and states machine
register number 28 , also signed by a mr mc nabe and mr N Ryan . but
someone has writen over the top number 664 ? what does the apmc hold
this machine as , 1914 humber reg xc +++ , can i have a new certificate
with the correct number on ? if not why not and who has number 28 now
and how did they get it . Its a minnor thing i know but i will not let
part of the history of the machine go , i am not a member of the apmc
or sunbeam club  but i am keen to see the machine out . thankyou

seam to be not very helpfull any one else had a problem like this , i have all the origional papper work and now started i will not give up .

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1914 Humber number problem sunbeam club
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »
It's like banging your head against a wall my friend..... it's pleasing when you stop!
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

wetdog

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:41 AM »
yes i see what you mean , they do seam to have a habit of loseing things inc emails , this is there reply

"OBM can advise but not in a position to confirm if this machine is on the register.
This register is held by the Sunbeam MCC and covered by the Data Protection Act.
I have access to the register, had you given me DVLA reg: number and the Pioneer Register number ( they have had both of these )
I could answer your question, but John will have to issue a new certificate. ( with the number 28 i hope )
Hope this helps. krgds, Ian.

wetdog

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »
sorted the sunbeam register is worthless as it was started again some time in the 50s ? if they could let me know when they intend starting it again i would like number 1 , i have talked to the hitler who runs the register now and said i will keep number 28 thanks , he said no as they gave it to someone else , in the 50s ........ what a waste of papper . he also said if i try and enter the pionner i will be ban , i preffer the banbury in any case ..... if anyone out there knows where number 28 machine is now i would love to know when he got that number , as the whole thing stinks ..... and no i wont be joining the sunbeam club as theyve started acting like the bently club . o and i have number 28 and have all the origional papper work to prove it its a 1914 Humber cert siged by Mcnabe 21st may 1944

what a joke
To ensure that all machines taking part are genuine veterans, a register of all such machines was started in 1938 (and then restarted in the 50s they forgot to add that part on there web site ) , and only those machines on the register became eligible to enter the event, with a dating committee formed to check authenticity of machines going on the register. The Pioneer Register quickly became a major information source for pre-1915 motorcycles
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:31:48 PM by wetdog »

wetdog

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
got this off the sunbeam club

" the re-numbering was carried out just after the war, and the persons involved are now well dead. But I can asure you that records to date are correct."

no mention of this on there site , the fact a official of any club is dead is no esscuse and should never be used , its called history and is usually based on what dead persons have done or said in the past . I would love to see a copy of the cert number 28 and when this was issued (which i wont get ) but id put money on it being much much later than the 1940s .

wetdog

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »
Got this today my concerns are in brackets

No. 28 is now allotted to another machine of 1911…….. (someone trying to fabricate a history for a machine it has not got no doubt )  ………… but I can't tell what date that was applied,………..( its on the register so should read will not )……….  but I would suggest it was over 20 year's ago ……….(so could be as recent as 1992)…….. And is now history.

The highly regarded esteemed sunbeam club  there words not mine, what a bunch of tossers , there register even has the registration wronge for the machine , theyve managed to add an extra number on the end , some history register theyve got there
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:21:46 AM by wetdog »

wetdog

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
by the way Bomber this is a quote from a sunbeam official , have you dealing with them yourself 

"You seem to be beating you head against a brick wall"

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
 ;D

wetdog

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »
you normally have more to say , are you a sunbeam club member by any chance  :(

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
Certainly not.... you said it all, couldn't elaborate on your comments.

Offline wink

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
You´ll probably get it sorted just in time for them to ban bikes over 98 years old.

wetdog

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
i think this one will never be sorted as the 3 sunbeam club officials who have contacted me (one holds the upto date records ) or should i say up to date for now untill he dies then they will probably start again , have all said end of story . so this glitch in the history of the machine i have will not be sorted , but if you are offerd a 1911 machine which is sold as number 28 on the pionner register , its not , and i suspect is no more than a pile of parts assembled with no history and belongs to a sunbeam club member

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
I think in all probability that you won't be too far from the truth.

Offline Martin_UK

• Advanced Member
  • Have Triumphs....and a very large toolkit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »
What's the big deal with having the No 28 ? surely the provenance of your 1911 Humber doesn't solely rest on this ? If it's a veteran , it's a veteran, and can be allotted any number by any club as they so choose ....the No 28 isn't a right for you to have.

BTW I am an ex Sunbeam Club member and have no axe to grind or banner to wave with the Club.

wetdog

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
my humber is 1914 , number 28  been given to a 1911 machine many years after it was issued to my machine , i have all the certificates and history with the machine inc tax discs back to the early 50 and the cert dated 21st may 1944 ,  i like to keep things in order in my folder (ocd) , number 28 does belong to the machine and i am trying to keep it that way but your ex club want it to stay with there club members bike ? they are very quike to point out how they hold records of machines on there numbered register dating back to the 1938 , but the register is incorrect and they are unwilling to correct it , i am not the only one in this situation and i would like it commonly known , i have no chance of getting it corrected and have been told that if i try and ride it in the pionner under num 28 i will be ban (joke here is in the history file its been rode in the pionner many times under number 28 so i have a good idea when they reissued the number and who too) ............. as i see it your right its no big deal , tell your member youve made a mistake and correct your so called bible of a register ..... what are the chances of that , here is the bike and will be at Banbury if any sunbeam officials want to come and chat
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:41:23 PM by wetdog »