Author Topic: BSA Gold Star Trials Bikes  (Read 8742 times)

Offline MLB

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
BSA Gold Star Trials Bikes
« on: February 28, 2005, 11:28:58 PM »
Hello all. I am new to this forum. I am trying to find any information I can about the trials bikes BSA made based around the 500cc single engine. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction. I thought they were called "Spitfires" but these are twins. The bike I saw and loved was a single. I am looking to buy one eventually but would like some more information. many thanks in advance, Mike Bailey

T.FOXLEY

Re: BSA Gold Star Trials Bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 05:31:34 AM »
PROBERLY BB32 350 ZB 32 350 AROUND 1954 ALSO 500 VERION ZB34 BB34 G/STARS
HOPE THIS HELPS
PS I HAVE  ZB 34 ,GS IN TRIALS ROAD TRIM UNFINISHED +DBD 34 IN NORTON FRAME ;)

Offline MLB

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 05:52:47 AM »
Thanks Nigel but the bike I saw definitely had a 500cc Goldstar engine. I remember well, although it was a long time ago ! If you see anything let me know. Many thx, Mike :)

T FOXLEY

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:03:56 AM »
ZB 34 AND BB34 ARE 500 CC BIKES

Joe Brown

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 08:21:04 AM »
 I had a new BSA  350 cc Gold Star Trials Bike  B32in 1949. I was working on the assy line at BSA at that time and 3 of these bikes came on the line together, I had one and the other 2 went to Hap Alzina in the USA.He was one of the 2 main Importers for BSA. I rode mu bike in trials and later got a used scramble enegine from the Competition shop and raced on Grastracks around the U.K  I had taken off all the good parts like tasnk and guards etc  and replaced them when I sold the bike in 1951. I then got a B33  500 cc  rpoad bike..  I have a [pic somewhere of me riding the B32  in a trial  but its a bit under exposed pic and may not shew up too well but I can maybe dig it out and send to this site   Regards  Joe

Offline BSAPhill

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 03:51:37 AM »
Goldies, came in various trims, Road, Touring, Race, Scrambles and Trials.  There were some other mods as well, BB's came as "Clipper", Hi pipe and BB engine, then there was the "Catalina", basically a Scrambler in road trim.  Trials bikes were based around rigid ZB32's though there were some ZB34's, rememer the ZB engine came in two types, (smooth pushrod, and Fined pushrod tunnel with separate rocker box, the latter looking like a BB), the latter ones having the hi pipe.  Later Swinging arm Trials bikes are very very rare.  Scramblers are slightly more comon and can be identified with SC stamped on the gear box.