Author Topic: reg no identity  (Read 4949 times)

Offline kyaki

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
reg no identity
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
Hi, i have a D7 Excelsior 1934 250 with all numbers present but no paper work, i would like to keep original reg number so need to find some proof! can anyone identify where it was first registered from the first 3 letters of number plate  ANX.
 Thanks mick

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: reg no identity
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 07:51:10 PM »
Hi it seems it would have been first registered in Warwickshire, but i believe that office may have closed down. Try THE KITHEAD TRUST. on
01905 776681 they open Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 5pm. They hold a lot of records from offices that have closed. If they hold what you need they can supply certificates for re- registering. Good luck.
Their email address is kitheadtrust@live.co.uk

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Hi it seems that the Warwickshire records office is still open, if so their number is 01926 738969. and their address is
Priory Park
Cape Road
Warwick
CV34 4JS.
Hope this helps.

Offline bikerbob

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 08:56:46 AM »
To keep an original reg you also need to have the bike authenticated this is normally done by the owners club they send the information to the DVLA .I do not know of an excelsior club  but you could contact the Vintage Motorcycle Club via their website who should be able to help. Warwickshire according to the list still retains copies of registrations so you may be lucky a number of other authorities  destroyed theirs when records went to Swansea.

Offline kyaki

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
Hi , Thanks for your help will try them out and post an update.
mick

Offline kyaki

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
Hi many thanks for your help, contacted warwickshire records office and result they still have paper records of first reg , they have sent me photocopys of documents everything matches  reg no frame no and engine no , it was first reg in feb 1936 not 1934 as the D7 suggested maybe sat in dealers?
 anyway now i am armed with these docs what`s my next step in obtaining a logbook?
 Mick.

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »
I would follow Bikerbobs info and get in touch with the VMCC. We did the same with a 1950s Sun and they sent someone to verify it and we kept the original reg. Glad you got the info and good luck with the next step.