Author Topic: Can anyone identify this crinkle hub?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline ColinF

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Can anyone identify this crinkle hub?
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:57:06 PM »
A while ago i agreed to help a friend build a custom bike from an A10 BSA in boxes. He'd seen a chopper in the U.S that he liked and we were going to copy it loosely . I identified the forks and front hub as early 70's trail bike items ( sounds odd but neat looking ). It was suggested on a forum at the time that we change the bolted up rear hub for a neater riveted one and someone posted a link to one on ebay.I sent all the info to my friend and he bought it.
Two years later ( for various reasons ) he came round with the frame and wheels/forks etc. The idea was i'd dry build the back end to check clearance issues with the wider wheel laced onto the "new" hub.It was only when i was about to instal the wheel bearings that i noticed the thread for the bearing retainer is external , not internal like the old one. Any ideas what used these so i can find a retainer to fit?

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone identify this crinkle hub?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:04:38 PM »
This movie (!!) of it sez its B25.

I couldn't watch. The plot might be rich, but the characters are sure to be a bit stiff and metallic ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQK2YAD5OCQ

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:48 AM »
Have a look at Draganfly s BSA parts lists .....just about everything from the 40s on is pictured in detail there.

Offline ColinF

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 04:29:57 PM »
Thank you both for the input, it's much appreciated.
I did actually go through the Draganfly site looking at the models that the vendor listed as applications for the hub on ebay.........he didn't mention B25 Starfire tho!
Has to be said i was probably scanning through them looking for a bearing retainer , not something as chunky as the speedo drive, my knowledge of British bikes isn't what it should be but you're never too old to learn.
Thanks again.