Author Topic: Very quiet on here....  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Very quiet on here....
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
...at the moment. Not  a "what's this bike grandpa is sitting on in this 1920 photo" or even a "where can I get a manual for this 1932 45cc Garlic-Sniffeur I've just been lucky enough to prise out of some Frenchman's ownership".
Must be all out riding, or something. ;)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Very quiet on here....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »
Funny you should ask that, I just bought a 1930 Garlic-Sniffeur which is missing its baguette.

where can I get a manual in english for it?
Is there a spare parts supplier near Wiltshire?
Is there an owners club because all I can find is one in Toulouse and no one answers my facebook question.

What oil should I put in it? someone has suggested olive oil, are they being sarcastic?

Lastly, why won't it start?

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »
You just need to follow the basics, and the most basic is that you've just been f*cked-over, big time.
The second most basic rule is that Pascal and Henri rode this fine machine for many happy miles, and then another rather unhappy 100,000 more, and the poor old dear really needs to be left in peace now, preferably as wall-art in a chic bijou French restaurant, but if you must try and actually make that silly little engine run, then follow the third of the most basic rules, ie le spark, l'essence and le timing....and if any of those is missing (along with le saddle, le mudguards and le big chromey lever thing to make the engine turn) then disappointment sadly awaits.
But never mind, just light a Gauloise and stare at the sheer Deco-ness of it, and try and block out that damned accordion music that plays in your head every time you have images of La Belle France..

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:40:26 PM »
I am now so upset I shall tie my Garlic-Sniffeur round my neck and drown myself in the fruits de mer, wherever that is. :'(

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
 ;D

SBV

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
And you're wondering why its quiet? Nothing like a bit of sarcasm to drive away forum users.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 09:13:16 AM »
Weak humour maybe, but it's hardly sarcasm;  don't you go as well SBV or we'll miss your obviously prolific (four previous) output.
That was sarcasm.  ;)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
Is it snowing again? Is that a snowflake?

now THIS is sarcasm.

https://youtu.be/oYOZ3IzRaf4

The primary tool that anyone who rides an obselete antiquated inefficient machine needs is, above all, a sense of humour and an ability to see the funny side of our hobby, and to laugh at oneself.

without that you are missing 50% of the fun.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:49:37 AM by mini-me »