Author Topic: Restoring Terrot!  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Tifa73

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Restoring Terrot!
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »
Hi all, it s been a while!

I first posted last year when hubby bought a Terrot Etds to restore. There is progress, albeit slow  ;)
Parts have been restored, replaced and painted. Ive included a pic of just some of the parts.

Most has now been done but were still far from being finished ! We have however, run into a bit of a problem with the return spring of the selection plate. The problem we have is we don't know where or what the top of the spring hooks, hook onto ? All the pictures I have found, they don't ! They have just been bent over? The gear box was in pretty good condition when we opened the casing, other than a good clean up. 

The spring in question was as it is in the photo.

Thanks so much for any help with the spring
Tifa73  :)

My apologies for the picture being the wrong way round. It was the right way up when I added it!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:38:30 PM by Tifa73 »

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Restoring Terrot!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 10:37:27 PM »
I have never seen inside a Terrot, but I think you may have that spring upside down. Looks like the ends go into the scollaped bits on the large round plate, but I could be wrong.

Offline chaterlea25

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring Terrot!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »
Hi,
Again not having worked on a Terrot but having built more than a fair share of gearboxes
I think that the two ends of the spring should cross over each other so that they wind up more or less parallel
The spring ends should then be held or sit either side of either a lug in that casing or a peg that fits from the outside
the ratchet operating mechanism corresponding peg then sits between the spring legs and is returned to centre by the spring pressure
Hope this helps?????

John