Author Topic: Terrot MT 1, 100cc 2 stroke: non-starter!  (Read 158151 times)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Terrot MT 1, 100cc 2 stroke: non-starter!
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2020, 12:12:38 PM »
SOLD!
It is going to the South of France to the buyer's Gite where the lanes are easy and a 2CV is a rare sight. Will be used to get the baguettes!

Sounds like that romanticised view of France as typified by that awful John Thaw series "A year in Provence" of some years back. All that's missing is stripey shirts, a string of onions and a Gauloise hanging from the lip. ;)

except down there now its all expats from somewhere or other and rioting north africans, with a dressing of russian,albanian and east european criminals to add spice. I get regular updates from pals down in the south, they've stopped trying to get me to join them,as they are too far in to get out.

I went off France many years ago , last trip was 2007, I had to stop over in Paris on the way back, what a crap'ole that  is now. dirty stinking, expensive and dangerous;  Used to love it, but no more,

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2020, 05:28:16 PM »
Agree, we keep to the rural areas, the big tourist areas with no cities in sight.

is this the first post where Mini has not been rude to me or that wonderful Terrot MT1!?  ;)

Right, French bike are in the past.
The Honda has been well messed with although I'm the 3rd owner.
The engine has the right numbers to the spec and the log book (phew) but the tacho mech drive is off a 'lower' model for some reason, no idea why, but parts to get it right on the way from the USA.

Have a 'needed' list of 26 items so far...
At least you can get nearly all of them, just have to pay.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »
On my CB450 Black Bomber the swinging arm pin (Honda don't call it that though) was unobtainable anywhere, and neither were rear brake shoes for some reason. As you say, most parts are available but they sure ain't cheap.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 24, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
The engine is a mystery, correct CB 175 number, links to log book issued in 72 but the tacho has no cable drive, the cam is a CD soft version so is the end cover.
Looks like I need a cb cam (hotter) but I have never seen a CD head with twin carbs. Posed the question to the wizz-kids on honda Twins.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 24, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »
As forums go, that Honda Twins.net is probably the most informative I've ever seen.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 24, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »
Yes, I did a full thread on my cb175 k6 rebuild on there and had a LOT of help when the carbs would not play ball.

I have my engine question on there now.