Motorcycle Discussions > European and Other Bikes

New toy

(1/6) > >>

The Artful Bodger:
Hi All, just went mad and bought what I believe is a 1926 Magnat Debon 250. I know nothing about these so am wondering if anyone out there has something similar or some experience with these beasties?
 It's been sitting in a French barn for many years and is about 80% complete, fortunately although very rusty the frame and all the tin ware is sound.
  Hopefully I can touch base with someone with some knowledge please??

Colin

Rex:
It's deja vu all over again.. ;)
At least with a little Froggie this early the same tin-smithing, mechanicing etc skills are needed as if you'd bought a similar thing from a barn in Norfolk, Devon or wherever.
I bet vieux Jean-Paul had his franc's worth out of it before it was abandoned in that barn, so expect parts to be knackered beyond belief and totally unobtainable.

mini-me:
seconded, sad but true.
on your own with this one Bodger.

iansoady:
Agreed.

But like the moniker.......

The Artful Bodger:
Doom and gloom fellas, let's have some positive vibes here! I've got to say the look of this thing (and potential finished look) make it worth while to give it a go. Although I've wanted a flat tanker for a long time, I have to justify my bikes to myself, and her indoors. I don't have the dosh or the room for ornaments, I own it, I ride it. So my desire for a flat tanker has always been off set by how much it would get used compared to the buying cost and valuable room it will take up.
  Compared to something British this beastie was fairly cheap and I'm hoping with some "artful bodging" to get it roadworthy for not a fortune, although not 100% accurate, then I can justify it's place in my sheds?? Time will tell

Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version