Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

Unknown British motorcycle found in ruins .

(1/2) > >>

matidkw:
Hello . My name is Mateusz I am from Poland ,  I have 20 pre war motocycles . All of them are german:   like DKW, NSU , Triumph (produced in Germany) . I want to ask you about remains of motorcycle  that I think is British . It was some motorcycle  from years 1928-31 , all of nuts and screws are made in inches . Motorcycle was found in center of Warsaw (Poland capital)  in ruins of cellar from destroyed building in Warsaw Uprising in year 1944 . Please look on the photo , maybe you would know what it was ?  . Please dont look on the wheels , front is from NSU 201 ZDB, back wheel is from DKW SB, and I put them just to show that those remains are from some motorcycle . Sorry for my english   ;)

cardan:

Hi Mateusz,

You win two prizes: one for excellent English, and another for "the most unusual British motorcycle to come from a Warsaw cellar".

You are exactly correct with the date, and the country of origin. The make is New Hudson, and it's one for the lightweights - something like the Model 91E 250cc from 1930. There were quite a few similar NH models at the time.

What a pity it's so badly rusted, but it makes a nice relic even if it can't be restored.

Best wishes from Australia,

Leon

matidkw:
Hello Leon
Greetings from Torun / Poland  :)
 :)Thanks for help . This is it . It is the same as those rusty parts . I have searched for the correct motorcycle  for many hours (only in net )
I can try to repair it , I would have to change all the pipes in frame and front fork  .

Maybe anyone have some parts for it ? I am looking especially for engine and gearbox . Does anyone have "Parts katalog"  for that model in PDF ?
Any literature will be helpfull  . My mail is: mati.dkw@wp.pl

mini-me:
An enviable ambition, but you'll never find enough parts to complete it.

New Hudson are not a common sight even here, and i can't remember the last time I saw one and I am over 70.

As for a parts catalogue forget it, they never had them in those days.

Cover it in some preservative and hang it on a wall, its history is enough.

matidkw:
Thanks for your words of support  :) , but my and my dad can do almost any project .
Example :
NSU 601 TS  1939 year of production
Before renovation (It was only this cutted frame )

Now, after two years of searching parts and making replica parts from original pattern  that we have in some other the same mark and model of motorcycles
(replica : all front fork , fenders (made on "english wheel") , luggage holder, handlebars, saddle, down part of frame, central stand, battery holder,  and some small parts )

As for New Hudson . I didnt renovate any English motorcycle , so this is my first in 18 years of my passion in motorcycles (I am 33 years old)  . This is yours UK motorcycle brand  so  I'm counting that you all will help me  in some way  :D I promise that I will take care about it . PS. I am not an old motorcycle dealer , it is only my hobby . Even each photo of this 91 E model can be helpful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version