Author Topic: yamaha ds5 engine  (Read 9407 times)

Offline petrolderek

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: yamaha ds5 engine
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
The classic bike scene will gradually fade away due to the lack of interest by the youth of today. You only have to go to bike shows and jumbles the vast majority are grey haired when this lot get too old to be bothered whats going to happen to all this over restored stuff I don't know because the younger ones don't have the knowledge or interest to keep them running.

I did some volunteering last year on a project targeted at disadvantaged kids and young adults. The idea was to get them off the streets get them interested in go kart racing and maintaining the karts. I helped with the maintenance of the karts and training the kids to do their own maintenance. It would have been easier to train a group of monkeys. They would drive the wheels off them but as soon as they broke down they immediately lost interest. I give up.

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: yamaha ds5 engine
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:11:26 AM »
You can already see the effect on some other things that were collectable,and changing hands for large sums a few years ago.....old tractors being a good example.....lot of them are now being sold for scrap......Steam stuff reached astronomical heights a few years ago too,but it sort of marks the owner as a millionaire......but prices are coming off from very high levels......Bikes have also suffered from safety aspects.....mainly due to the young car driver not paying attention to driving,while giving 100% to the next text/call/facebook/etc.