Motorcycle Discussions > European and Other Bikes

1950 hirondelle registering and parts source?

(1/2) > >>

danhiron:
hi, just purchased a 1950 hirondelle 125cc bike in lovely original condition. Currently in getting mot and checked over so can register. Anybody been through registering and is it easy. Also any knowledge of what engine and any source of parts? To start with need points so can get running correct but guessing hard to find. Could i change to electronic ignition if cant find points?

Any help would be great.

Regards Dan

danhiron:
i have just looked through forum and seen lots of french bike problems and negative views. I know i should have done a bit of research and got a bsa but have now and want to use and have fun with.

It is all together and rebuilt engine and respoked wheels just need timing sorted to run correctly.

I would be grateful of any help or ideas.

Cheers

TGR90B:
There were a lot of suggestions on the Terrot thread, but it's a lot to plough through. However all pertinent suggestions will be in there somewhere. Good luck.

TGR90B:
Just a further thought, perhaps someone like Villiers Services could overhaul the stator and modify a set of points to fit. Any work like that will be 200 pounds upwards though.

Rex:
 author=danhiron link=topic=5750.msg25833#msg25833 date=1528819429]
. Currently in getting mot and checked over so can register.

You didn't need to get an MoT for registering purposes.

Anybody been through registering and is it easy.

Piece of cake, but you're going to need a proper dating certificate and the NOVA form/number. Without either or both those two you're knackered before you start. Hirondelle...I thought that was a wine? ;)
Incidentally, is this a motor attachment for a pushbike, and if it is, is Hirondelle the make of the bike?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version