Motorcycle Discussions > Identify these bikes!

Any help with ID of this 1900's frame ?

<< < (3/3)

chaterlea25:
Hi Leon,
Well done  ;D ;D

John

friday:
where do you start to find a motor for that thing ?

33d6:
I wince every time I see vertically coiled piping as used on that Buchet engine. My old apprentice master would have slowly chewed my ear off if i'd tried that on with him. Vertical coils are a disaster waiting to happen. Muck accumulates in the bottom of the coil and bubbles sit in the top creating a potential airlock hazard. It was horizontal coils only with him and coils much tighter than any text book said was possible and much tighter than on that engine.
I'm still useless at making up oil and fuel lines to his standard but after sixty years his very clear instructions and his godawful pipe are very clear in the memory.

Cheers,

Jonny The Goat:
A bit of a update on this frame. I have now sold it so thanks to all and mainly Leon for helping with the ID of the frame. It was actually the Zedel ? engine bike and not the Buchet engined version. The frames were made in the factory different and the Buchet ones did not have the lower cross bar. I think the buyer also mentioned that the rear engine lug was at a slightly different angle on the Buchet versions. The photos Leon added were actually of the person who has now bought the frame very own bike, it seems he has many and only collects pre 1910 bikes and cars. He paid me what I would think was a very good price and really I could buy a complete but modest running 50's classic of around 350cc quite easily for what this frame raised. My wife thinks they must be mad but I am not complaining :)  And so should Leon and I ever meet up I owe you quite a few drinks ;) 
                   Best regards, Jon 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version