Author Topic: Honda Dream 3E from 1953 - top condition, very genuine bike for sale  (Read 18244 times)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Honda Dream 3E from 1953 - top condition, very genuine bike for sale
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
Because in 1950's Jap bikes were primitive compared to British products ;)

tongue in cheek?  ;)  they were certainly primitive in their technology and innovation, so many of their bikes were outright copies or amalgamations of different British or European machines.

Certainly back in those very hard times here, many of our machines had definite pre 1940 technology obvious, but they worked well and reliably which is why so many survive all over the world and are so sought after.

Most of our money here went to paying back the USA for the privilege of buying their wartime equipment. We only just paid the last installment.
Your government has the right idea by sending their bill to Germany ;) :o

Offline terecha

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
Because in 1950's Jap bikes were primitive compared to British products ;)

tongue in cheek?  ;)  they were certainly primitive in their technology and innovation, so many of their bikes were outright copies or amalgamations of different British or European machines.

Certainly back in those very hard times here, many of our machines had definite pre 1940 technology obvious, but they worked well and reliably which is why so many survive all over the world and are so sought after.

Most of our money here went to paying back the USA for the privilege of buying their wartime equipment. We only just paid the last installment.
Your government has the right idea by sending their bill to Germany ;) :o

As I am Polish I can say about my country. Pre war we had around 30 motorcycle manufacturers. All of bikes were more advanced in 1920's than first Hondas from 1950's. The top bike Sokół 1000 was comparable to the top BMW and Zundapp bikes at the September 1939 battlefield. But Wehrmacht had much more vehicles.  So Poland lost campaign. And after the war nobody sent the bill to the Germany or Soviet Union, so I envy that you Britian has got honest and brave politicians.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:22:19 PM by terecha »

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »

Britain has got honest and brave politicians.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week, we are presently governed by the biggest bunch of liars, thieves, crooks, and traitors in a our history. On one side is a  lying two faced anti british hag who is doing her best to cancel a democratic vote, and on the other side a  two faced anti british  marxist communist liar.

Yes I have seen an article about the Sokol sidecar outfit, but its a surprise to know you had so many makers of bikes, that is probably equal to here for the time.

However, if you can dig out from your remote farms some of those old BMW R75 outfits and Kettenkrads they used to use as tractors, according to a Polish friend of mine,they'll fetch good prices here. Crazy prices paid for left over wartime vehicles.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
For people of my dad's generation anything made by the Japanese meant cheap copies or knock-offs, and that's before the events pre and during WW2 are considered.
I'm guessing that this little bike isn't "primitive" just that the styling wasn't ever to British tastes (as the similarly styled German stuff was, before their bike industry went belly-up too).

You'd have to be a serious collector to pay those prices, and even though some still like to talk up the prices of so-called Jap classics, the reality is somewhat different.

The Japs themselves seem to prefer a good Bonnie or Goldie, and who could blame them? ;)

Offline terecha

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 05:01:28 PM »

Britain has got honest and brave politicians.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week, we are presently governed by the biggest bunch of liars, thieves, crooks, and traitors in a our history. On one side is a  lying two faced anti british hag who is doing her best to cancel a democratic vote, and on the other side a  two faced anti british  marxist communist liar.

Yes I have seen an article about the Sokol sidecar outfit, but its a surprise to know you had so many makers of bikes, that is probably equal to here for the time.

However, if you can dig out from your remote farms some of those old BMW R75 outfits and Kettenkrads they used to use as tractors, according to a Polish friend of mine,they'll fetch good prices here. Crazy prices paid for left over wartime vehicles.

There are 3 Nazi tanks sunk in the swamp about 4 miles from my house ;)

And how about Brexit? Isn't it a great turn?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:06:45 PM by terecha »

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »
You tube is full of tank recovery vids, there is a guy on TV here pays serious money for them and who restores them.

I am all for Brexit it cannot come quick enough.
I voted to join back in the 1970s, but that was for a European friendship and trading zone which I was all for.

We who voted out are not anti europe lot as the media makes out, we are just not happy about being governed by ex stasti merkel  and her mafia, nor  having millions of people who are not european thrusted on us with the resulting problems.

Generally this island race is quite happy to get along with all sorts. Just don't impose on us.

I have picked my words very carefully there in case of moderation ;) ;)!

Offline terecha

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
We also have huge problem with German companies, which destroy our businesses. Methinks EU has got much more disadvantages than advantages. Personally I would pull out my country from EU zone, but I can't :/

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
Give it time, its in its death throes.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
I hope you're right!
Poland is now seen as "problematic" by most of the other 27 countries as it's not following the rules and is being "difficult" over it's allocation of 3 million sub-Saharan Africans.
You ought to take them Terecha to replace the 3 million Poles who now live here...... ;)

Offline terecha

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »
Methinks cultures shouldn't be mixed. It leads to conflicts and wars only.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:44:39 AM by terecha »

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:14 AM »
Come on chaps, can we talk about bikes rather than descending into rants?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »
yes terecha
best to PM if you want to talk politics.

otherwise we'll all end up on  the naughty step, ;) 

Offline terecha

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »
Haha let's talk about bikes. :D

Offline TGR90B

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »
I appreciate what Ian has said, but it has turned this thread into a very entertaining topic IMO.
I will only add that when I had a stroke the Polish doctor at the hospital was excellent in his treatment and I made a 99% recovery. Eternally grateful.
Dave.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:26:41 PM by TGR90B »
Getting grumpy, but not as grumpy as mini-me.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »
I had a Polish nurse putting the catheter in when I had my knee op;didn't get a stroke :o, but at least she waited till I was unconscious, just as well, I was in no position to be proud. :-[ :-[

Polish nurse
Estonian surgeon
Bulgarian surgeon
Czech physio
and others, No complaints here.

Only the Irish senior staff nurse was scary. Came in  said, " I buried two husbands and brought up four sons, so I'll take no crap from you lot in here"