Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

1969 Triumph T120 Fresh motor and oil coming out the crankcase breather.

<< < (2/3) > >>

iansoady:

--- Quote from: iansoady on October 15, 2018, 11:03:26 AM ---I'm not familiar with the model but does it perhaps have a timed breather?

--- End quote ---

Yes it does:

"Retained behind  the  inlet camshaft  bush  is  the breather  valve  porting  disc, which  is  located  by means  of  a peg.  When  renewing  the  bush ensure that the disc  is  located correctly on the peg."

From the official Triumph manual.

Obviously I don't have enough to do today......

TGR90B:
Just keep viewing the sites Ian. There's enough on most of them for a couple of psychiatric seminars.

iansoady:
Yes I've stopped contributing to ikba as it's descending into hysteria.

stevestriumph:
Thanks one and all for the input. As stated, there is good return to the tank. Amount of oil coming out of breather is minimal but annoying. When sitting at idle it leaves a very small puddle. As for cam shaft breather, I checked the spring back on the cam when I had the cylinders off and it looked good. I guess I will ride it some more, but I have an interested party and I don't want to sell it like this. Steve

Rex:
Ah... and would this idling be on the side stand? Grandma's eggs etc, but do you realise that on the side stand when idling oil collects in the inlet camshaft well at the breather end, and is subsequently pushed out of the engine via the timed breather?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version