Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

Excelsior 350cc OHV twin port 1929/30

(1/3) > >>

PaulBurton:
Hi Excelsior enthusiasts out there. You may recall our correspondence from a couple of years ago when i set out restoring an Excelsior handed down throught the family. Here are a couple of update pictures now that the machine is out of the workshop and finally on the ground. One also 'as was'. Thanks all of you for your help and encouragement along the way. Never did find a frame number!

Rex:
I'd give it house room. Does the saddle rear contact the mudguard when you go over a bump though?

mini-me:
A passable effort, now, as Rex says sort that saddle out, adjust that rear chain, get rid of those appalling  crimp connectors which stick out like a sore thumb, and are those rusty nuts I see?

Keep at it lad.

No old bike should need connectors in any run of cable except at the ends. just run one length of cable back to front, for each application, preferably in black wire.  NEATLY.

More nitpicking.
where the HT had it running?
that fuel pipe needs changing asap preferably for a copper pipe.

murdo:
Good effort. The seat needs some longer springs or spacers to bring it up slightly above level. The way it is now you will slide off the back over ever bump.

john.k:
The BTH magdyno is very unusual....and rare ,I expect.......The fuel line is likely spray paint hose,thiokol lined and the only fuel line Ive found to be 100% reliable with modern fuel......which is pretty close to paint thinner in chemical makeup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version