Motorcycle Discussions > European and Other Bikes

1929 Motobecane M2 JAP 250

(1/3) > >>

amewse:
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and am keen to see whether there are any other Motobecane M2 motorcycles in the UK. I believe these were only made for one season so fairly rare even in France. Mine machine is recently acquired and looks all of its 90 years! The plan is to keep it looking just as it is, preserve it to stop it getting any worse and just use it. I am sure to have some technical queries which I will post as they arise. I look forward to any comments or info that anyone might have. Thanks.

Angus.

mini-me:
highly unlikely.

That lightweight Burman gearbox will provide you with hours of fun.

amewse:

--- Quote from: mini-me on January 10, 2019, 11:39:57 AM ---highly unlikely.

That lightweight Burman gearbox will provide you with hours of fun.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to find a correct replacement gearbox (Staub branded) which is in good working order but needs one or two bushes. The gearbox currently fitted to the bike has suffered a major fracture of the kickstart quadrant housing, it has split in half horizontally! The bike came with a spare engine minus timing gear and magneto, not sure how common these JAP engines are?

Rex:
Ah, New  Year, new French bike thread. I knew something was missing... ;)

mini-me:
Looking at the rust pits on it, it'll break in half soon enough, french steel of that period was rubbish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version