Motorcycle Discussions > British Bikes

Triumph TR 250 1971

(1/3) > >>

dynamic:
Does anyone own or have experience of the above bike as I have just bought one, it starts fine and runs very smoothly at low revs when accelerating 15mph + the motor seems to die and not respond to throttle position
 when I shut off and come down to under 15 mph it all feels normal ? could I have an electrical breakdown or short maybe  ?

iansoady:
Could be almost anything but for a start I'd be looking at blocked main jet. Failing that, seized auto advance. Then the world is your oyster.

Rex:
An electrical breakdown/short  would happen at any road speed.
As ever, the bike needs a good going-over using a workshop manual, but given the symptoms I would suspect that the carb needs a really good clean and inspection followed by the various ignition components.

Grunt:
Going down the worlds your oyster route I’d be checking fuel flow, i.e. blocked filters, air hole in the tank cap big enough not to create a vaccuum. There’s a saying about electrical faults being fuel faults and fuel faults being electrical, or was it rear wheel problems being front wheel problems, can’t remember now.

dynamic:
Thank you all for your input just got the bike on Saturday so I was very inpatient to go out and ride
 logically I should have at least given it a once over however I will now check through all systems and report what I discover    watch this space...………………..
PS this will also include RTFM  !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version