The VintageBike Message Board > The Classic Biker Bar

24th international meeting of Motobécane Club de France

<< < (2/7) > >>

mini-me:
As a Breton you are almost English, or Cornish if you are particular. ;)

I used to be a member of the Tobec club when I had a Z22c and a Z2, nice little bikes,now both back in France, and to show how confused I am my family name is Norman/Breton origin.

I have not been back to france since 2007, you mayfind it hard to believe but since 1980s it has become too much of a pain in the bum to travel to France, so many ifs buts and petty regulations at the Ports.

I am also a veteran of the Tour de France des Motos annciennes.

leenane:
 8) Preparations are going well, news is coming from everywhere and I can not resist the pleasure of presenting to you "the Côtes d'Armor brigade", ready to join us.
Thank you Hervé for the photo and I see that the good weather was at the RV for this spring scrub ..... Looking forward to meeting with your friends ....

Rex:
Used to do the Rallye Internationale at Luc sur Mer every year until health reasons stopped me for a couple of years. Always enjoyed it though.
Are all those Motobecanes etc painted dark brown and beige though? Always seems so.

leenane:
Congratulations on your past commitments! and I wish you good health for all these years to come.
It is true that many Motobecane were black was a time then brown (light and dark). In the 50s and 60s, it was more like "Putty". But in the 20s and 30s there were beautiful shimmering colors embellished with chrome for the 250, 350 and 500 tumbled. Hoping to have answered your questions, I will make photos on June 22 and 23 and post them for you on this site. Best regards

mini-me:
I always thought the two tone brown was very smart,my z22c had a chrome tank to add to its looks.

Motobecane fourstrokes were good little bikes, even the little 125cc sidevalves did sterling work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version