Motorcycle Discussions > Identify these bikes!

Can anyone ID this 1920's 30's bike ?

(1/2) > >>

Jonny The Goat:
hi, Can anyone ID this old bike from this photograph. The photo shows a friends Grandmother and they say it was taken in 1927 But I know where the photo was taken and I am sure the houses behind were not built to around 1932 so if the bike is post 1927 I am probably correct and they owe me a fiver :) Also would be good to let them know what my friends Grandfather was riding back then.
              Cheers, Jon

sprocket-in-my-socket:
maybe Excelsior of around 1929?
Because muffler is on left side it is maybe the utility model (147 cc or 172 cc).
I think tank colour design was only shortly like it is shown here.

Regards,
Helmut

mini-me:
If thats an MW reg then it ran July 1927-1931.

Jonny The Goat:
Thanks sprocket, I think from looking you have nailed it. I did think maybe a Excelsior only because I have a old Excelsior Autobyk and it seems these were also only done in a black and white. As for the reg No, I have no idea how old reg No were worked outs so as said it looks like sometime between 27 and 31 and if the Excelsior was around 29 then the photo must be then or sometime after that. As long as its not 1927 then thats OK with me.  Cheers, Jon

R:
The bike doesn't necessarily have been new when the pic was taken either.
Especially back in those years when times were tough, and money didn't grow on trees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version