The VintageBike Message Board > Autojumble

Sacrificial cylinder barrel wanted

(1/3) > >>

iansoady:
There are a few broken fins on my ES2 which I'd like to tidy up in the fullness of time. I don't want to wreck an otherwise good barrel, neither do I want to pay much (anything?). So does anyone have a scrap cast iron barrel (not necessarily Norton) lying about, preferably in the West Midlands, that I could use as a donor? No rush as it will probably be next autumn before I'm ready for it.

Failing that I'll probably pop, over to Yeomans and see what they have.

Rex:
I have a scrap A10 block and a similar condition pre-unit Trumpet 650 either of which you're welcome to have. I would think the postage would be prohibitive though. :'(

iansoady:
Many thanks for that, you're probably right about postage. However, a quick look at hermes suggests £9 or so for 15 kg although they do say vehicle parts are prohibited (no idea why). Would be OK if described as scrap iron perhaps.....

Ironically I did have an A10 block myself some years ago which I took some fins from for an A10 I had at the time. Foolishly I then took it in for scrap. There's a moral there somewhere.

Rex:
Do you want me to take it any further then Ian?

iansoady:
If you're happy to keep it for a while that would be helpful, then if nothing turns up I'll get back to you. OK with you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version