Author Topic: Difference between Single pot and Triple pot Nissin Caliper  (Read 2974 times)

Offline dewanshahedur

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Difference between Single pot and Triple pot Nissin Caliper
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:27:48 AM »
Hello Dear Motorcyclists of Classic Motorcycle Forum,
I'm also a passionate biker from Bangladesh. I would like to mention that due to CC limit up to 165cc and 152% vat in motorcycle import we need to buy a 150cc bike by spending around 2500 USD if I convert from BDT.
By the way, my question in different. I far I see in a video of Power Drift in Youtube where they mention that Honda CB Hornet 160R have triple pot Nissin Caliper.

Power Drift Youtube video link - https://youtu.be/WDSI_AyYCtA

But as far I'm seeing that which Hornet bikes is coming in Bangladesh don't have Triple pot nissin caliper where as single pot nissin caliper. Actually, I'm very aware about braking and always search for best braking bike in this segment. As far I hear that Hornet is specially better for braking.
I found in all website in Bangladesh those are also mention that Hornet have single pot Nissin Caliper in Bangladesh - https://deshibiker.com/motorcycle/honda/cb-hornet/

Does this single pot caliper will hamper the actual real braking of Hornet?

Waiting to get feedback from experienced rider.

Thanks

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Difference between Single pot and Triple pot Nissin Caliper
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:52:12 AM »
Having brakes that can haul you down from 100 mph+ probably doesn't help much unless you intend to be doing 100 mph+ ?
Which might be simplifying it a little, but at commuter speeds the difference won't be much ?
And having really strong but sensitive brakes can come back and bite you, if much care is not taken...

Offline dewanshahedur

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Difference between Single pot and Triple pot Nissin Caliper
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »
Thanks.