Author Topic: Promoting an interesting new book  (Read 1455 times)

Offline bazhart

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Promoting an interesting new book
« on: March 11, 2020, 05:12:37 PM »
Let me state straight away I am not selling the book on here and there is no information on how to get it. However, I recently had to spend some time off work at home and got out all the press cuttings and photos I had accumulated between the 1960's and 1980's during which time I progressed from making my first bike as a schoolboy to designing and making Britain's most advanced racing machines that won TT's, Internationals, British Championships and Moto GP's, including the Silver Dream Racer. So I spent the time at home writing a book about it all that has grown to 550 pages, 150 illustrations and includes pictures, press cuttings and some technical secrets never before revealed - and I have somehow managed to put it all together to read as a story and created an e-book. Now I find I cannot promote it on classic bike forums because it is regarded as retailing and magazines want too much to advertise it. I even offered a discount code.

I didn't write it to make money (I don't need to) but to reveal some previously unreported facts that I am sure many enthusiasts would enjoy and those that have read it find it very interesting - so my question is - do you think if I provide details of how to find my website about it (for further information) I will be banned (as I was threatened with on another forum) and if so have you any suggestions about how to make the motorcycle enthusiasts aware of it. thanks,

Baz 

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
Re: Promoting an interesting new book
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:20:14 AM »
Hi Barry,

Well done on getting the book together. Not to mention well done for such a contribution to motorcycle race engineering.

I doubt drawing attention to a book is a punishable offense, but in case it is let me say I found some details about it at https://payhip.com/b/UBmh , and if you click on the link there is a preview of the forward and intro.

Cheers

Leon