Author Topic: Cito KG  (Read 2856 times)

Offline JFerg

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Cito KG
« on: July 30, 2020, 02:53:30 AM »
Here is your chance.  As far as I can tell, there are only three other examples of the 500cc OHV, shaft drive Cito KG in existence.  This one came out of a garage in Melbourne, Australia, last week.  Very complete, although missing Bosch electric lights, and needing tyres.  Original paint and too good to restore, but why would you?  Date is unclear, but early twenties.  Now at Shannon's Auction, Melbourne, for on-line auction starting 11 November.

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cito KG
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 05:52:52 AM »
I can find them as Kreiger Gnadiig after WW1, Cito was their prewar branding ??

This might not display

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »
Appears to be a Bosch starter /generator  above the gearbox .....quite common on early cars ,never seen one before on a bike .......not quite,many years ago I fitted a Lucas starter generator on a WW2 Norton 16H sidecar outfit for a boss at work.....the unit was quite large ,and had to be mounted in the sidecar frame ,with a direct drive to the engine sprocket....it was off a big pommy car ,and certainly whizzed the Norton over .

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »
Warren liked this bike in part because of a link to the Australian-made "Aussi Also".

Here's a post about it on this site from 12 years ago. http://classicmotorcycleforum.com/index.php?topic=2007.msg7690#msg7690 The photo of the Cito in this thread was take in Australia.

Cheers

Leon