Author Topic: Coventry Eagle  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Lushey

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Coventry Eagle
« on: August 03, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »
Any Coventry Eagle owners out there? I have a 1934 Silent superb,249cc with a Villiers MKXVIA engine.Seems pretty rare from the little I find on the net.Wish I'd inherited a bike that was less difficult to get bits for.

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
Re: Coventry Eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
Tricky, but fun. What are you missing? https://www.flickr.com/photos/9383961@N05/albums/72157607123448789/with/2829534285/

If you type coventry eagle into the search box at the top you'll see quite a number of Cov Eagle owners have passed through here at one time or another.

Leon

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »
I have a 1931, as does another rider I know vaguely in my area.
Mine is still black and red while his is entirely 1950s Corporation blue..

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 09:15:45 PM »
More own them than will admit to it.........I finally managed to swap away the earthly remains of one a little while ago ......thought I did pretty well getting a rotary hoe JAP engine in exchange for the Villiers /3 speed Diecut/Allparts gearbox copy of the Albion EJ.......although I notice ,the fellow didnt bother taking the primary cases.....maybe he will return .Or not.

Offline 33d6

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:56:27 AM »
Always puzzled when people talk of parts being hard to get. About the only awkward thing on that Cov Eagle might be the cast alloy pong box or possibly the piston but what else? It’s not exactly as if the bike is high tech aerospace engineering. Plenty of New Villiers stuff around.
There’s plenty of information available. Cov Eagle were good with illustrated spare parts lists and both Villiers and Albion Info is plentiful. What’s the problem?
Sorry to sound grumpy but a little research will pay big dividends.

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
The BMS reprint service at the national bike museum shows a number of manuals etc available.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline Lushey

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 05:17:02 AM »
Always puzzled when people talk of parts being hard to get. About the only awkward thing on that Cov Eagle might be the cast alloy pong box or possibly the piston but what else? It’s not exactly as if the bike is high tech aerospace engineering. Plenty of New Villiers stuff around.
There’s plenty of information available. Cov Eagle were good with illustrated spare parts lists and both Villiers and Albion Info is plentiful. What’s the problem?
Sorry to sound grumpy but a little research will pay big dividends.
Depends on where you are located too.Here in Australia,I'll bet I'm one of the only Coventry Eagle owners.I'm getting what I can from the U.K. and it takes months sometimes.

Offline 33d6

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 05:38:28 AM »
Well I'm in Oz too Lushey and have played with Villiers stuff for a fair while. I don't really have much trouble finding stuff. Yes, some stuff comes from the UK but always has but mainly it's local.

I'm in Melbourne myself, where are you?

Cheers,