Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3028 times)

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Insurance
« on: September 30, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
Hi Apart from Carole Nash can anyone recommend a good insurance company to do blanket cover on approx eight to ten vintage/classic bikes. The bikes are very rarely on the road as they are shown only at various shows around the country.  Many thanks.

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 03:24:32 PM »
I always recommend Peter James who I've been with for years. As guidance, 2 bikes with an agreed value total £10,000 cost me less than £100 / year fully comp with UK / EU breakdown cover thrown in.

Good small company with helpful staff who know what they're doing. http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 03:50:23 PM »
I had a good quote from Peter James and was going to take them up on it until I found out their breakdown cover is provided by the RAC. Having been insured previously with Footman James (who also used the RAC)  and having experienced the utterly abysmal breakdown service from the RAC a year or so previously, that really was a deal-breaker.
While CN's breakdown service recovered my dead bike from Normandy in time to catch the ferry, and had another vehicle waiting to pick it up this side and bring me home.
Clearly this wouldn't be of major importance to you if you're not riding them much though. ;)

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
I have to say that as I have breakdown cover (provided by Britannia who are excellent) I've never used to one from PJ. I just mentioned it as some may find it useful.

Even ignoring it, PJ's offering is far better than any of the others I've looked at - and I wouldn't consider Carole Nash.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 10:03:45 AM »
Another one who asks a question then disappears.........
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 12:31:39 PM »
I didnt just disappear, i had a more important emergency do deal with. Thanks for the good advise guys,