Author Topic: Hand gear change  (Read 1894 times)

Offline aasmith384

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hand gear change
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »
Hi ….looking for parts for a 1930's Triumph XO series so does anyone have, or know where I can get, a hand gear change lever and gate and a 5 to 6 inch headlight … any(ish) condition....

regards to all ..

Offline Vreagh

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hand gear change
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »
Seller on Ebay parkwoodproductscouk (looks like he may also have a website). Based in Leiston Suffolk, he supplies metal work for veteran and vintage bikes also one offs. I've been using him for some years and all good. No conection except as a satisfied customer.

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 12:50:52 AM »
Can I offer some suggestions about searching for parts?

A huge advantage is gained if you know exactly what you are looking for, so the first step is to find illustrations or photos of the missing bits. Parts lists, brochures, magazines etc can be useful, otherwise photos from a good (original) surviving bike.

Doubly useful are some measurements, or a brand name for an accessory like a headlight.

Remember, no-one other than you is restoring an XO Triumph right now; most people wouldn't know an XO Triumph if they saw one, and certainly no-one knows what the gear change lever looks like! But that doesn't mean they don't have one hanging on the shed wall, without knowing what it came from.

Perhaps you could post a photo if you have one. If not, perhaps you should be asking what a Model XO gear change lever looks like!

Cheers

Leon

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 01:47:52 AM »
I must admit that my reaction was what the heck is a Triumph XO   ?

Google is your friend !

I'm still contemplating what that gearbox might be ...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:53:01 AM by R »

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »
Also, having a good pic as here means you should be able to adapt or knock up something to use, at least until the correct item come along. Same with the headlamp.

Offline 33d6

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:05:30 AM »
It’s also an advantage if you go through the Triumph spare parts list and see what other model Triumph use the same parts. It’s good business practice for firms to use standard parts across their range as much as possible.
It’s always good practice to churn through spare parts lists to identify every part you can that is used on other models.