Author Topic: Searching front wheel and fork for lightweight motorcycle from 1920's  (Read 4294 times)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Searching front wheel and fork for lightweight motorcycle from 1920's
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 08:38:45 AM »
The bike I cherish the most, and have owned for about 55yrs was recovered from a tip.
Its a rare bike, around a dozen survive, but it cost me nothing back then. At the time it was sneered at by VMCC tpes, "it'll never be vintage boy". Now? maybe high 1000s.

worth and value are not the same, to me its priceless, value?  realistically ? however much a kilo scrap is fetching.

But..................if some major part failed, say bent forks or engine blow up, I'll pay as much as I could to put it right,to the limits of my wallet.

To the really disinterested old blokes getting over excited about obselete parts for obselete machines must look rather peculiar, blimey you pay more that that for an iphone or collectable Nikes.

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 11:09:28 PM »
£343

Someone - or should I say two people - wanted it. Seriously expensive, by any measure.

Leon

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
In that case two people knew what it was for, which is two more than on here! :o :o

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 04:10:51 PM »
Contrary to what all the harbingers of doom were predicting 18 months or so ago, the prices of old bikes seems to have risen a lot since then. Probably all those bored enthusiasts in lockdown with nothing to do.