Author Topic: Royal Enfield  (Read 16574 times)

Offline m3bobby

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Enfield
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »
Unfortunatly the parts list is non illustrated for this model, which is a pain.

What is is you need to know?

Also, Could do me a favour and take a photo of the way the battery carrier fits to the frame, I don't have a battery carrier on my bike and I can only see one mounting point for it with no idea how the battery carrier fits to it.

Also, I think the serial number is on the right hand side of the headstock (thats where mine and other WD/D's are found)

The welded reinforcement (fork stop) on the top of the frame is correct as with out this, the forks would swing around and dent the tank.

Offline Herc

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:41:28 AM »
Thanks for information
Yes I have found that there are no illusttrated parts breakdown from that periode. Anyway if there are no bits and pieces illustrations at all I will have to guess the name of the part I am not familiar with or I could add pictures when ordering parts.
The problem often is that people having parts for sale do not always know what they belong to.
I am adding a picture of what I believe is the battery carrier. Hope that is what you need m3bobby.
Regards
Herc
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:43:47 AM by Herc »

Offline VintageBike

• YaBB Administrator
  • Advanced Member
  • Not quite enough bikes in the garage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 02:44:37 AM »
Here is Herc's picture:

regards

Nigel

Offline m3bobby

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »
Thanks for information
Yes I have found that there are no illusttrated parts breakdown from that periode. Anyway if there are no bits and pieces illustrations at all I will have to guess the name of the part I am not familiar with or I could add pictures when ordering parts.
The problem often is that people having parts for sale do not always know what they belong to.
I am adding a picture of what I believe is the battery carrier. Hope that is what you need m3bobby.
Regards
Herc

Hi Herc,

Can you email me at m3bobby(at)hotmail.com

Thanks for the photo, I'm still not 100% sure how it fits to the frame, but it definatly is a start. For some strange reason, not many model D's still have the original battery carrier.

Cheers, Chris.