6
« on: February 08, 2024, 08:35:42 AM »
That is the 500cc version of my 350cc, the huge long inlet pipe maybe one part of my problem ,being so long it will take a long time to reach a stable temperature ,with the fuel mixture condensing out on the walls of the pipe [its bloody cold here at the moment].. Yesterday I ran the bike for a good while started to get a better feel for the many control levers. After it had warmed up i tried again to get it to ldle against all that I know from vintage cars I left it at fullish advance 30/35deg it seemed to work better like that . Still not stable at low revs hunting a lot and in the end it just died ,but a definite improvement. One other niggle is oil system ,its total loss and after running for a while dribbles oily mess into its dirt tray .I would like to check the output of the pump but cant run the engine with it disconnected ? Geoff